Monday 7 May 2007

week ending 7 May

  • Tuesday - dynamics session: warm up then 102m followed by 4 x 70m + with about 4 mins in between. Need to practise coming up on the lane ropes - would have been disqualified when I grabbed them prior to coming up and my head went back under on the 102m - felt good though. Kerian got some film so I'll try to put that up on here somehow...
  • Wednesday - lunchtime swim: 5 x 100m freestyle leaving on 1:45s, 5 x 50 breaststroke leaving on 1:00 for the first three then 1:05. Did dry statics in the evening after walking Minnow: long CO2, 3:05s - it's pretty hard, but I think I should be alright to step up to 3:15 next week.
  • Thursday - dynamics session: 8 x 66m relay with Chris - got about 2:30 break between each while he swam and came up safely - felt nice, perhaps I should have pushed it more...
  • Friday - lunchtime swim: 5 x 100m freestyle leaving on 1:45s, 5 x 50 breaststroke leaving on 1:00. Had extra time so did a couple of 200m medleys at an easy pace and a bit of backstroke in an attempt to iron out the knots in my shoulder.
  • Saturday & Sunday - didn't train and ate too much decadent food. Had a bit of red wine over the weekend, but have been fairly well behaved for a long time now - it's still proving challenging, but not much longer now - looking forward to the party after the WCs! I did help out on the beginner's freediving course, though it's hardly challenging - worst thing was wearing fins again after so long going without.
  • Monday - good yoga session. Forgot my stopwatch so didn't get to train at lunchtime. Was good to have a bit of a break from it all though.
  • resting pulse has been about 53 beats/min - might be due to the wine...

No comments: