Monday 21 May 2007

week ending 21 May

What a great week - I've had a number of break throughs in all areas of my training over the past 10 days! Long dynamics and statics, extreme yoga poses, comfort in swimming... Here's how it went:

  • Tuesday, dynamics - 93m DNF, few 66m, bit of coaching
  • Wednesday, swim - mixing it up a bit: did 1 length fly sprint on 30s, 2 x back on 1 min, 3 x breast on 1:30s, 4x free on 2 mins then in reverse. Then a bit of easy backstroke to try to fix the knot in my shoulder.
  • Wednesday, dry statics - long CO2, stepped it up to 3:20s - was a challenge (I did take the dog for a walk first)
  • Thursday, statics - short CO2, 1:30 x 9 and got 1 min into 10th.
  • Friday, rest day - yay
  • Saturday, awesome dry statics - long CO2, 3:20s, felt good after so tried a long one and got to 5:30s! That's my best dry static ever by 1 min!!! :)
  • Sunday, dynamics - 6 x 75m DNF with 3 mins break between. One was longer to practice coming up on the lane ropes. Felt good. Need to reduce breaks or turn...
  • Monday, first altitude training session (at the bottom of the Ngauranga gorge - it's simulated) with Gemini Power Training. Was starting to figure it out by the end... Have to sort it out in my head a bit more before I start posting my results... Was breathing 13%, 7 mins on and 3 mins off.
  • Monday, yoga - had break throughs in 3 poses tonight: toe stand (I held it for about 3s before falling over), standing bow pulling pose (I got heaps deeper and held right through), I can't remember the name of the one at the end where you touch your toes, but I got pretty deep.

Resting pulse is back up around 60s.

Starting Simulated Altitude Training intensively for the next three weeks. Have to get up early in the mornings, but it'll be interesting to see the results.

2 comments:

Jorg said...

Nice traininglog! Keep up the good work. What exactly do you read out of the rest pulse you take? Just wondering if you have the same ideas about it as me.

Take a look at www.shark-bait.com for our own training log.

KatFish said...

Thanks Jorg. Re pulse: I've noticed that it drops a lot when I get fitter, which makes for a much more comfortable dive (especially statics). I've had my resting pulse down to mid 40s in the past, but struggling to ge there with my hectic lifestyle at the moment. I reckon it should drop lower once I'm on holiday prior to the worlds.