Monday 28 May 2007

week ending 28 May

It's been a tiring week. Life feels like it has now been put on hold. I'm just sleeping, training, working, training, and repeating it all over and over again... Not much longer now though.

  • Tuesday: Altitude training: 13% O2, min SPO2 88% (I think), 7/3mins, 5 break outs (I'm still getting my head around this so you'll have to bear with me). Dynamics max attempt night: 110m DNF, clean and easy-ish :)
  • Wednesday: Altitude training: 12% O2, min SPO2 85%, 7/3mins, 2 break outs. Lunch time swim: 5 x 100m free on 1:45s then 5 x 50m breast on 1 min. Poor attempt at dry statics (might have been a bit much doing 3 sessions in one day): 3 min long CO2 tables, only did 5, but skipped down to 30s breathe up before last one - probably shouldn't have bothered.
  • Thursday: Altitude training: 11% O2, min SPO2 82%, 7/3mins, 2 break outs. Dynamics: was a bit shattered so did a few 66m swims and then worked on technique.
  • Friday: Altitude training: 10% O2, min SPO2 79%, 7/3mins, 2 break outs.
  • Saturday: Altitude training: 9% O2, min SPO2 76%, 7/3mins, 3 break outs. This was finally a bit of a push - got a blood shift (tingly fingers and toes) and emptied the bag a few times. Also had a few head rushes when I went back to normal air.
  • Sunday: Dynamics: 6 x 80m DNF with 3 min recovery. Tried out Porirua pool (25m, decent depth, good temperature) - would highly recommend, felt good.
  • Monday: Altitude training: 8% O2, min SPO2 73%, 7/3mins, no break outs (conquered it!). It was much easier than Saturday, despite dropping the O2 level. I suppose I was more mentally prepared and had had a rest day from it. I had a very minor blood shift at about 16mins to go, but no tingly extremities. Bikram Yoga: always good - still improving every week - I can bend to places I never thought possible... Still plenty of room for improvment in my balance though.

It was a pretty good week. I need to accept that I need rest days though... I figure I'll sleep on the plane. :)

No comments: