Monday 7 May 2007

sponsors

  • I have been very lucky this year to gain the support of sponsors to assist with getting to and having me well kitted out at the world champs:

  • Orca has provided me with a flash new wetsuit (Apex 2) - it's pretty fast and flexible, and looks and fits great, and is nice and warm so I won't have to take multiple suits away with me. They also gave me some flash swim gear and helped fill up my virtually non existant sports wardrobe. It's great to be promoting a NZ company overseas - hopefully they'll make a few sales when people see how much further I go with a wetsuit and weight on... www.orca.com

  • Splash Gordon (local dive shop in Island Bay, Wellington) have been involved all the way through my dive training in scuba and freediving and are supporting me by providing merchandise to help out. They are great supporters of the Lazy Seal Freediving Club too - it's origins are from when Splash used to book training lanes for us. www.splashgordon.co.nz

  • Gemini Power Training - (simulated) altitude training at the bottom of the Ngauranga Gorge. Thanks Martin for giving me the opportunity to try this out. Check out the website link below for more info on this training technique. You'll have to check out my training log to see how it's making a difference... www.geminipowertraining.co.nz



  • Foster Architects Limited (the company I work for) have also helped out in getting me over there, giving me lots of time off, and being very understanding when I come to work fatigued and leave early to hold my breath! Thanks Ang!

  • The Southern Cross garden bar and restaurant has donated a voucher for me to raffle off at my film fundraiser. Much appreciated. Hope lots of people buy lots of tickets!

No comments: