Monday 9 April 2007

week up to 9 April

CO2 short 1:25s x 10, so will graduate to 1:30 next time.

CO2 long 2:50s (dry) followed by 4:30s static (dry) - easiest for a long time, first contraction in long static about 3:10! This makes me enormously happy since in the competition last weekend I was getting contractions at 2:15! Will need to do 3mins next time.

5 x 100m freestyle repeated on 1:55s

5 x 66m breaststroke repeated on 1:15s

great yoga session

CW session, line set at 17m (bottom of harbour) - easy dives - longest 1:22s, practised mouthfull equalisation on negatives to 10m. Beautiful conditions in the harbour.

Dynamics session was a bit sad after doing dry statics at lunchtime. I was experimenting with my new flash Orca Apex 2 wetsuit which Orca has kindly supplied me with for the world champs - very exciting. The suit was meant to be more buoyant, but I found it much the same as my old one as far as wearing lead goes. It is much warmer and very flexible. It will take me a few sessions to adapt my stroke to a new body position in the water as created by the new suit.

No comments: