Wednesday 6 June 2007

Week ending 4 June

  • Getting a bit late with this entry - not sure how much I can remember. I haven't made any huges improvements over the last week, unlike the fortnight prior. I'm still on track though (I think). I'm still pretty tired from training so much, organising the holiday and working pretty hard. I need an extra 6 hours a day: 3 for sleeping, one for training, two for working and maybe another for a rest period... It's one month exactly until the commencement of the world champs, two and a half weeks until we leave. I keep thinking that I only have the two and a half weeks left for training - won't really get another decent dynamics session until the WC training days, when I'm supposed to be taking it easy! I'll be doing dry statics in Shanghai and Vienna though (and perhaps on the plane if there's not much going on - I wonder if that would increase the chances of blood clotting!). Looking forward to catching up on some sleep and actually getting a decent rest prior to competing. Hope Maribor isn't too much of an interesting place... Next weekend will be a good trial - we have the Wellington Winter Champs.

  • Tuesday: Altitude training: 8% O2, min SPO2 73% (I think), 7/3mins, 2 break outs. Statics: short CO2, 12 x 1:30s (one breath between) - it was easier overall than the 9.5 repetitions I did 12 days before. I focussed on relaxing completely and took my time getting into the pool, and it always feels better earlier in the week!
  • Wednesday: Altitude training: 8% O2, min SPO2 73%, 7/3mins, 2 break outs. Lunch time swim: I was a bit tired so just took it easy: 20 lengths warm up, 10 x breaststroke, 10 x backstroke, couple of medleys and a warm down.
  • Thursday: Altitude training: 8% O2, min SPO2 72%, 7/3mins, 3 break outs. Dynamics: but can't remember - can't have been too startling!
  • Friday: Altitude training: 7% O2, min SPO2 72%, 8/2mins, 15 break outs - it made a bit of a difference dropping down to 7%! Got an early night - got 11 hours sleep. :)
  • Saturday: Dry statics: long CO2, 3:30s - was OK, then tried a longer one, but it wasn't my day - gave up at 4 mins, not feeling like I'd get past 5. Altitude training: 7% O2, min SPO2 72%, 8/2mins, 14 break outs.
  • Sunday: Gavin was up so we had a couple of sessions (although I think I probably was due for a rest day!) Statics: short CO2, did about 5 x 1:40s - wasn't really there, but had had a couple of stressful sessions the day before. Practiced statics entries for the comp. Dynamics: no warm up, 88m then 82m, then just some 50m swims and coached the others a bit.
  • Monday: I decided to have a full rest day. :) Caught up on a bit more sleep.

No comments: