Thursday 10 April 2008

Impressions of the Bahamas

I realised that I've only really talked about freediving in the Bahamas and not the place itself. Don't you wonder where my focus has been? I suppose I can only comment on Long Island, and only a small part of that too!

  • the people are really friendly but speak with a very stange accent - I have to keep reminding myself that yes they are speaking english and no I don't have to talk slowly as they can understand me! They are also very honest - you store the car keys in the iginition and don't need to lock the door when you go out.
  • the lifestyle is very relaxed.
  • the weather is beautiful, however thi is the end of winter, so I imagine it gets pretty hot and muggy in summer
  • the beaches are beautiful - soft golden sand, clear, warm water of all shades of blue
  • driving is hilarious - people just stop in the middle of the road for a chat, back up if they miss something, driv in the middle or on the wrong side of the road, swerving to avoid pot holes, crabs, birds, etc.
  • the stars at night are amazing. Have you ever considered how we can see so much further in the dark???
  • there are too many roosters (well outside my bedroom window anyway)!

No comments: