Sunday 6 April 2008

The allusive 50m

I took a risk today and had a go at the 50m no fins dive. It was a pretty nice dive and I was in a good head space through most of the dive. I'm starting to relax bit more underwater, however still have moments of tension. The descent has now become easier than the ascent, which is slightly concerning as I'll have to dive with a base plate to stop me from now on! The dive went great but I came up, grabbed the rope, started my surface protocol then had a wee black out for a few seconds. It's funny how the memory loss and loss of motor control are slightly mis-aligned. I don't really remember the surfacing but I have a clear recollection of the moment my head fell backwards and someone removed my neckweight. I think I was out for about 3s, so not a major. I'll have a day off then try for something slightly less before attempting it again!

2 comments:

Gavin Gray said...

Great to hear it hasn't majorly dented confidence, more so as you
started protocol.
Congrats on your new NR 44m! for yesterday.

Read Daves going for 113.
Wish him all the best to make history & Kerian adding more to his PB.Who knows what Will do next...

gav

Great format this comp, rather than fly all that distance for 1 dive.

Elisabeth Müller said...

I still think you rock at cnf, Kathryn! Keep going!!! I've been following your blog and the result list and it's very exciting. Soon I'm off to Dahab for some depth too, and will try to keep the inspiration. I wish you all the best and lot's of good dives :)