Tuesday 24 March 2009

Update

Well, it's been a long time since I found the time or energy to post anything here and before launching into the current circumstances I'd like to go over some of the highlights from 2008.

2008 was a really great year for me. I always expected it would be as 2007 was such a let down, and I had learned and changed a lot of things in my training and general dive preparation, plus my lungs had significanly expanded from the previous year.

Apart from all the national records some highlights were:
- a three week trip to the Bahamas where I could work on some depth training
- a sucessful world record attempt in a local pool competition (although I think being published in the Guiness Book will be more exciting – just have to hold it for another month or so, and apologies in advance for the unimaginative Christmas presents if I do make it in!!!)
- being voted by my peers as”world's best female freediver, 2008” (thanks for the support guys!)
- learning more about myself and what drives me
- discovering that there's really no limits as to what we are capable of - I keep happily surprising myself!

No comments: