Wednesday 12 November 2008

two days to competition

Well, I've had a few comments that it's been all very quiet from me lately, which is true. I was just powering up my training, but got sick two weeks ago, and while I feel a lot better, I've not recovered. My sinuses are pretty blocked up and I've got a bit of a barking cough, so I'm trying to do very little until I come right, or the competition, whichever comes first. I don't know if it'll make a difference to my static or not - a break can sometimes help and we all know that statics are mainly mind over matter, so as long as I can deal with the pain the breath-hold should be OK. I just hope my chest doesn't feel really tight after a break from all that packing and stretching. I have been working on getting enough sleep (rather unsucessfully) and eating the right stuff.

Depth won't matter as with the 50m limit it's impossible for me to improve on my depth achievements from this year. I've done one deep dive this season: 43m was as deep as the rope would allow me to go and it was one of the most relaxed dives I've ever done despite being all over the place. I think without warming up my ears and sinuses should be OK for the one dive, but we'll see on the day.

No comments: