Thursday 29 May 2008

Grrr...

I'm feeling disappointed and very frustrated. I've just been informed that they're not taking independant divers at the Teams World Champs this year (as they have in the past), so I guess I'm not going to Egypt unless Joy or Fran want to take the plunge and make a NZ team with me! Evidently we only need two to make a team. It's really crappy news when everything has been going so well and I felt I could really take on the world this year. I had two friends coming to meet up and support me in Sharm who I haven't seen for ages, plus I wanted to see the pyramids and sphinx, dive in warm water again, and do a bit more beach star gazing with Nat. Wouldn't be so bad if there were actually people to compete against here, but it's always just me. I guess at least I should now be able to afford to go to both individual competitions next year. Off to training now. I need to put my head under water for a while...

5 comments:

Eric van Riet Paap said...

Hi,

Have you considered entering one of your friends into the competition, just so you have a two person team?

cheers, Eric

Chris said...

I'll go if you find me a nice dress...

KatFish said...

Thanks. You might need some scissors too.

Joy said...

I think they would take points off you if I was in the team based on my PB's todate - now freedrinking - that kinda comp I could definitely do some damage in!

KatFish said...

You know you can't get negative points!