Sunday 24 February 2008

Bahamas

I'm going to the Bahamas! Freediving is a fabulous excuse to travel to wonderful places.

We'll be diving in Dean's Blue Hole, which has pretty perfect conditions for freediving. I worked out that I've only trained for depth events over about a dozen weeekends and I've only ever done three deep dives in competition, so it'll be a good opportunity to try to bring my depth results up to a level similar to my pool results. I wish I had more time there, but will have to make do with the three weeks I do have. Some very big names in freediving are are going to be over there so I should learn a lot! I can't wait to dive in warm, clear water! What a novelty!


Links about Dean's blue hole:



Link about competition:




First up though we have a depth competition in Lake Taupo, where I will double the number of depths events I have partaken in by doing three more! Should be fun, and great preparation for the Bahamas.

No comments: