Friday 14 September 2007

week ending 10 Sept

Yes, I'm running a little late. I don't really remember what I did last week. It's all been down hill since my first fabulous training session. At least I proved that I've still got it, just have to subtract the stress loads and I'd be great! I think my first swim once I got back in the water was a nice easy 85m no fins, which I'm not complaining about. I've even had my mono out for some sessions! I was just testing that I really don't like it in the pool and justifying my decision to spend heaps of money on a new one (it's working). Just have to figure out how floaty I want it (being a very floaty person I won't need it to be anywhere near as floaty as the boys' ones - would end up with my feet over my head all the time).

I had quite bad jet lag last week. Every second night I couldn't sleep. I assume it was every second as the next night I was shattered and had to go to bed early. Work is manic and I managed a whole day of overtime this week. I'm really tired already and have to try to get lots of sleep prior to next weekend's competition. I'm hoping the tiredness is just a carry over from the jet lag, but might be part of having to use my brain again after having such a good break.

I really don't want to fall over again. I think I need to reconsider some of my breathe up, etc, as I'm getting huge head rushes lately, even if I come up fairly early I generally feel a bit wobbly. It's a bit concerning. We'll see I suppose. The comp is too early for me really - I need about 3 more weeks to get back into shape. :( If I'm still feeling like this next week I might not compete... :(

No comments: