Wednesday 10 October 2007

training log

Trying a few new things at the moment. Doing a lot of no warm up dives just to create a lot of strain. I'm teaming up with Chris as we have similar results, so we're going to push each other up to the 6 minute mark. I've been doing between 4 and 4:30 (only 3:23 for the first one tonight, then 4:32 after about a 10-15 min break) with absolutely no warm up or time to chill out beforehand. The second one may be better due to lung stretching - might have to try a few deep breaths prior to starting. I'm trying to do more in-water statics as I was getting to the point where I was doing better dry and feeling pretty uncomfortable in the water. Would like to get it up to 5 straight up. I'm currently having a little trouble fitting in my lunchtime swims so have to re-organise a little to swim on the weekend (with summer coming this might be replaced with real diving!) and have a rest day or two during the week. Have done yoga since we left and my back and shoulders are really suffering, so need to factor that back in. I have also been wearing my monofin. We did some filming on the weekend and my arms are way too high (kind of undulating from what should be the mid point upwards) and moving up and down a lot. Have to keep working on it. I've ordered a new soft fin with blade angle, so hopefully that will help. Any comments re training ideas/techniques are most welcome/encouraged!

No comments: