Thursday 8 May 2008

three days until I can have a wine...

Tonight we visited our national museum Te Papa - I haven't been for a while which is pretty poor considering it is a mere block from our apartment. It's the last week of the Whales exhibition. There was no water but some cool videos, skeletons, etc. There was a scale model of some different breeds of whales compared to a person. Half of them go deeper than me on their duck dive! I now realise why the humpbacks semed so big in Tonga - they realy were huge.

There's only one more day before the competition this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it. I keep smashing my personal bests in training, and haven't entered a pool competition since I learned to pack in about October last year. My performances have increased by a similar percentage to my lung volume! I'm trying to remind myself that I only have to break national records and any further distance is a bonus. My usual dowfall is when I set specific minimum distances and forget to listen to my body through sheer determination to achieve the required distance. Anyway, I haven't had a black out in the pool since the world champs last year, so I'm pretty confident of sucessful dives. Porirua pool is amazing for no fins - it's 25m, fast, and a good depth. I'm also trying to stay excited about the comp and not let the nerves take over!

No comments: